Connect with us

Shebeshxt remains in custody as court hears victim was in a coma after shooting

Celebrities

Shebeshxt remains in custody as court hears victim was in a coma after shooting

The investigating officer in Shebeshxt’s attempted murder case has given disturbing details about the condition of the man the musician allegedly shot.

Testifying in the Polokwane magistrate’s court, W/O Phaladi Makola told the court the victim spent four days in a coma and is still hospitalised following the shooting that took place on October 19.

Makola, who is part of the Limpopo police investigating unit, also confirmed that the Lekompo hitmaker does not hold a firearm licence.

Shebeshxt, whose real name is Lehlogonolo Chauke, returned to court on Thursday for his bail application.

He is facing nine charges, including attempted murder, possession of an unlicensed firearm and assault, after allegedly opening fire on fans in Polokwane earlier this month.

According to Makola, two people driving a Nissan spotted Shebeshxt in a blue VW on Witklip Street in Ladanna and attempted to greet him.

The officer said the musician responded aggressively, reportedly saying, “Kgane a le tlale ka nna,” which translates to “You don’t respect me or don’t know who I am.” Moments later, he allegedly pulled out a gun.

Makola told the court the vehicles were side by side at the time.

“He fired a shot at the occupants. The bullet hit the rear window, hit the headrest of the driver and hit the passenger on the cheek,” he said.

The driver tried to pursue the VW but eventually drove the injured passenger to hospital.

The firearm used in the incident has not been recovered. “We have checked the database and it shows he has never applied for a licence for any firearm,” Makola added.

Shebeshxt is asking the court to grant him R50,000 bail, insisting he is not dangerous and has no intentions of interfering with witnesses.

Through his lawyer, Lot Ramusi, he said he is the breadwinner for his unemployed parents and partner, has no family outside South Africa and is willing to hand over his passport.

“I will comply with court orders. I won’t interfere with the evidence or contact witnesses. I don’t know who the witnesses are,” he said.

“Even if I get to know them, I won’t interfere. I am not a threat to the community.”

The court also heard that some complainants visited the police station on Thursday to withdraw their statements, saying they no longer wished to continue with the case.

Despite this, the state is still opposing bail.

Shebeshxt remains in custody, and the matter has been postponed to December 8 for the continuation of his bail hearing.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Celebrities

To Top