News

Protest will still continue at Clicks stores despite interdict- EFF

By

on

Despite court orders on Tuesday morning to against those intimidating Clicks following racial advert, the EFF disclosed that protest actions at Clicks store will continue.


However, the EFF said their protests across all Clicks outlets had been peaceful.

“Essentially Clicks has lost in its attempt to interdict the protest action of the EFF as the interdict issued by the court does not speak to the protests being undertaken by the EFF across the country.”

The party also admonished law enforcement officers to get acquainted with the court order so as not to infringe on its constitutional right to demonstrate.

“We will continue to protest across all Clicks outlets until September 11.”

“This is to ensure that Clicks, which values profits over the dignity of black people in this country feels the consequences of undermining the identity of black people, and presenting whiteness as the standard for beauty.”

EFF deputy president Floyd Shivambu, who was also protesting outside the Clicks Sandton store insisted that nothing will stop the protest.

He disclosed that the protest is to ensure no business transaction takes place in Clicks stores.

“We are protesting in all Clicks stores. We have not intimidated anyone. We have not intimidated staff members. We have not intimidated clients”

“The court order is interdicting things we are not doing. The protest is not prohibited. It is not interdicted.”

“The protest continues in the manner it is. We have got the constitutional right to protest against racism,” Shivambu said.

“We are not going to interrupt anyone. We are not going to assault anyone. We are not going to do anything unlawful. We have a constitutional right to protest anywhere we want to protest in SA.”

About ore

Recommended for you